Friday, January 1, 2010

2010-A New Year

To start the year we all made New Year Resolutions and a Motto for the year. The motto is something we need to work on collectively, and the resolutions are personal (with a little coaching from mom & dad on some of them.)

Family Motto: Kindness BEGINS with ME

Resolutions:

Johann-coming soon!

Kari-Less STUFF in our house
More patience with the kids (no more yelling)
Exercise 3-5 times a week
Keep in touch with family better (birthday/anniversary/Christmas cards)

Simeon-
Do better in school (spelling and math)
Keep my room cleaner
Be a better example to siblings
Not get in trouble at home as much

Corrine-
STOP sucking my thumb (night time is still ok)
Learn to tell time
Learn how to read better-so I can read chapter books
Keep my room cleaner

Ammon-
Grow big
Ride my bike without training wheels
Use kind words more often (mom coached)

Rebecca-
Be Happy
Sleep all night
Learn to crawl
Then learn to walk

4 comments:

Janessa said...

What a great idea. I think I see a Cazier FHE in the making:) Thanks for the inspiration. They all look like good worth while goals. When I stayed with you in November I was thinking that you probably never yell at your kids. You were always so sweet and patient. It makes me feel better to know that you have, at least once.

Janessa said...

P.S. I love your new family picture. It was so fun to get your Christmas card. Super cute pictures!!!

Linley said...

Yes, as Janessa said, this is very inspirational. Our FHE dealt with this subject last night, but our outcome left a little to be desired.

The Jenson's said...

I love Ammon's one of Grow Big.
Hopefully I'll remember to do this when Zach gets older.