Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WE DID IT!!!

Today Corrine and I ran a practice 5K with her Girls on the Run group. My goal going into the run was to run half the race and to finish in under 45 minutes.



The route was a 1 mile loop with a killer hill right before the end. The 1st lap I ran the entire time watching Corrine a couple of houses in front of me. I finished in 11 minutes. The 2nd lap I was gaining on Corrine, but she was still out of reach. I finished the 2nd lap at 22 minutes, another 11 minute mile. The 3rd mile I finally caught up with Corrine halfway through the lap. I got her and Sophia to run with me at a steady pace. We went up the hill slowly, but we ran the whole thing. When we got to the corner and could see the finish line we sprinted to the finish line. We came in at 33:41.
I blew my goal of 45 minutes out of the water!!!

What an amazing experience this was. Corrine and I are planning to run another 5K at the beginning of November before our final race on November 19th.