Thursday, April 12, 2012

"I'm Nuked"



Tonight after Rebecca's bath I couldn't pass up the opportunity to snap some pictures of her fresh and clean wrapped in her hooded towel. This towel was given to Simeon as a baby shower gift. It has since been used by each of the kids. It used to have a bear on it, but after so many washes the bear is no more, but it's still loving called the "bear towel."

The sun was shinning in from my bedroom window lighting up the hallway and it made the perfect backdrop for this sweet girls tender moment.

I'm getting a little melancholy lately when I think that this summer Rebecca will turn 3! Three years old is a big thing. She can do so many new classes and activities, and she'll officially be a preschooler, no longer a toddler. Since she's the last of our kids I know I'm struggling a little more with seeing the days pass by as she gets older.

And don't get me started on Simeon. He'll turn 11 on May 9th and that means in our ward he'll be with the Young Men for scouts 2 weeks a month. Man these kids need to slow down on the growing!!

Did you know that in 2 years she'll be going to kindergarten roundup. In 2 1/2 years she'll be at Lemme as a kindergarten? Crazy to think about. Why can't my baby girl stay a baby, or even a toddler a little longer?


Rebecca such the sweetie combines the words 'naked' and 'nuddy' to get her very own word "nuked". It sounds like 'new-kid'. It's the sweetest thing ever! Reminds me of when Ammon would say "cow o-te" for coyote. I love it so much that tonight I even video taped her saying it, because before I know it she won't say it anymore.

I love these sweet kids of ours! I love watching them grow and learn new things and I love being a part of that growth.

1 comment:

The Jenson's said...

They do grow up WAY to fast.