Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election '08

Simeon came home from school yesterday with his very own "Voters Registration card". He was so excited that he made both Ammon & Corrine their own cards to. He also was excited to vote for President in the "Kids Vote" held at his school. He made sure to get ready early enough so we could leave at 8:00, so he could vote. When we got there, they said that all 3 of them could vote. Their ballots had pictures above the names, which would be nice on the adult ballots!


After the cast their votes, they all got a "I voted" sticker.

Lastnight Simeon was so anxious to hear who won. He watched with Johann, and every time they had an update, he wrote the #'s down. When he went to bed, he asked us to tell him 1st thing in the morning who had won. He also told me that if John McCain didn't win he wasn't going to go to school because he would be sad. (He knows for sure who he backs!)

"If I were Elected President" by Simeon Smith 2nd grade




"I would make taxs go down. I would help the wild life. I would make the food go down." He'd make a very good president one day!

2 comments:

www.gallamorewest.com said...

Simeon for President!! I love that the kids were involved... it's one for the history books.

Janessa said...

I'd vote for Simeon! That's so cute! It's fun to have kids old enough to be involved in the election. What a great learning opportunity for them to see all this in action.