Sunday, July 19, 2009

Rebecca's Blessing Day



Dad gave Rebecca a beauitful blessing this morning. Some of the things that I jotted down from it: The name she will be known as is Rebecca Lucy Smith. She is a choice soul and that her family is so excited to see her. That her siblings love her and to look to them as good examples. Follow mom and choose the right. Turn to the Savior for guidance and direction. Turn to Heavenly Father in struggles. That one day she will find a husband that will take her to temple to be married for time and all eternity. She has a loving mother. And all other blessings that the Lord sees to bless her with.

Those that stood in the circle: Grandpa Jenson, Grandpa Smith, Uncle Jake Smith, Shawn Goodman, Matt Fisher and President Brad Jones.

Grandma Riddle was able to be at church for Rebecca's blessing.

Today was such a beautiful day. Rebecca didn't sleep the greatest lastnight and I wasn't sure how she would be during the blessing. She usually wakes up and eats then stays awake for an hour or so, then drifts off to sleep for another hour or 2 before waking to eat. She was awake as we were getting ready then fell a sleep on the way to church. She slept quietly through the blessing and the rest of sacrament meeting which was a blessing because I was speaking on adversity and if she were to wake up hungry it would have been an adversity for everyone there!


She looked just like a little angel in her white dress and acted like one too. We are so excited and feel so blessed to be the parents to sweet little Rebecca.


Ammon, Corrine & Simeon can't get enough of their little sister who we know is fresh from Heaven.

4 comments:

andria said...

She has changed a lot, still SO cute though! I am sad that Laine is getting so big already, it's like our little newbron is gone already! :(

Janessa said...

She's so beautiful, Kari! I wish I could see her in person. I'm impressed you're already out and about at church. I'm guessing you wanted to have her blessed before your mom and dad go home??? We aren't actually going to bless Connor until the end of August when Ricky's parents will be visiting us. He'll be our oldest baby to be blessed. Kambry sure misses Corrine. She was excited to see the pictures of her new baby sister. I hope all is going well with your four kiddos. You're such a super mom that I'm sure you're doing great with all of them. I know you're super busy but I can't wait to see more pictures and hear all the details. I sure do miss you! I'll try and give you a call when we unpack our old ward list.

www.gallamorewest.com said...

She's SO cute Kari!! Sounds like the kids are all thoroughly enjoying having a new baby sister. Especially big sister Corrine... so sweet! Good talking with you today :)

Janessa said...

What a special day! Thanks for sharing all the details. It's almost like I was there. Again, I LOVE that picture of your kids! The one of you kissing Rebecca is so sweet! Am I understanding right that you had to speak...in sacrement meeting? Didn't you just have a baby??? I'm glad she was so good for you and that all went well. Congrats!