Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers Day

About a month ago the kids and I talked about getting Johann a snow cone machine for Father's Day. At dinner one night Ammon told him "We're getting you a sno... Oh I mean a freezer!" For the weeks leading up to Fathers day Ammon added to the freezer gift. It would be his own to keep his drinks cold, he'd be the 1st to use it, it would go in his room.
We didn't get the snowcone machine until a few days before Father's Day because to me Ammon kept begging me to let him use it before we gave it to Johann, so I decided it was best to not even have it in the house until just a few days before the big day.

On Father's Day we didn't have time to showcase "the freezer" before church, so we waited until after church. The kids led Johann into the front room with his eyes closed and set it in his arms. The kids were so excited they could hardly contain it.

Johann loved his gift, and told the kids he really thought he was getting a freezer! I was proud of how Ammon was able to keep it a secret for so long and kept adding to it.

No comments: