Friday, March 16, 2012

Rebecca and the worm

Seriously this post is about a worm and our sweet curly haired Rebecca.

But before I get to the cute story of Rebecca and the worm I have to talk about this sweet girl and her totally lovable, happy personality. Today we sent Simeon and Corrine off on playdates since they're totally and completely bored of staying home with a sick brother on spring break when the weather is gorgeous, so it was just Ammon, Rebecca and myself today. We needed to get out so after dropping Corrine at her friends house we went through the drive thru at Taco Bell for lunch and Wendy's for a much deserved chocolate frosty.
After a picnic outside, Ammon was wiped out and ready to rest, so he layed on my bed and watched a movie.
Rebecca had knocked over the crib mattress (that had taken up residence in our hallway this week for some random reason-I think it was Corrine's mattress for her sleepover in the boys room, when they, for the 3rd night, didn't make it in the tent out back.) in the hallway and went about giving me the sweetest and brightest smiles that I had to take some pictures of our cutie.





Her hair is still getting curlier by the day! Any chance of it turning straight are pretty much gone by now. Her bangs reach her chin when they are soaking wet, the back goes halfway down her back soaking wet, but dry they are light bouncy ringlets that so beautifully frame her sweet face.

In taking these pictures her feet look different sizes-way different sizes and I think one really is bigger then the other. Funny how it took taking these pictures for me to see this.





I love her face in this picture. She LOVES peanuts, really nuts of any kind. We crack them open and leave them on the counter for her. She was stuffing her mouth full of peanuts right before I snapped this picture.


Okay back to the Rebecca and the worm story-

Since the weather has warmed up and we've been leaving the back door open to the screen door and Rebecca has discovered that she can go out back by herself whenever she wants. As long as the side gate is closed, she is contained and in heaven!
Today she was out playing in the sand box when she came to me with an urgent plea that there was a bug in the sandbox and I had to come see it! I went to check it out and I couldn't' find any bug. She kept telling me where it was, but it wasn't there anymore.
Then she spotted it moving. The bug she was so scared about was a small worm covered in sand. We took it inside and washed it off, then went back outside with it. We had it in a shovel on the picnic table. I asked Rebecca if she wanted to hold and she told me "NO!"

I took a video of her and the worm. The worm is crawling out of the shovel and Rebecca says "it's flying out".
Then when I ask her if she likes worms and if she wants to hold it, she gets scared and pulls back. She says that "Corrine, and Simeon, and Ammon and mom and dad like worms." When I ask if Rebecca does, she again tells me "NO!"

I'm pretty sure she liked and held them last year. Corrine and Ammon LOVE worms!! They ask me to give them to them whenever I come across one!
Oh well, maybe by midsummer she'll be back to holding them and asking me to give them to her when I find one in the yard.

No comments: