Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ammon's Pictures & Funny Story

Ammon LOVES to take pictures. At softball he get restless so I let him take the camera. His favorite spot to take pictures was next to the bike path. There he could find flowers, butterflies, dandelions and birds to photograph. He also has gotten a lot of pictures of the bikers, runners, and skateboarders passing by on the path!


I was showing him how to get the main point of his picture focused. He stared figuring it out real quickly and got some great pictures of the seeded dandelions. I have been really impressed with his eye for taking pictures.



Funny Story about these next 2 pictures. There is a path leading down into a woody area between the softball park and the Iowa river. Ammon has asked every game if we could go down there. Today I felt super nice so I said we could. (Even though it looked icky down there to me). He quickly went down the hill to look around. Right away we saw some trash and there were some very worn paths down there. We walked on a path until it got into some really tall grass, so we went back and went on the path towards the river. When we got around a big tree we saw a campfire area with a cooking pot on it. I told him it was probably the "home" of a homeless person. Right away he asked to go back up the hill and away from the "bums house." He didn't want to spend another minute down there and quickly went back up the hill towards the softball park.
Since that he's never asked to go back down the hill in the forest are again!


I have such a fun time going along with him as he takes pictures and shows them to me. I wouldn't be surprised if he grows up to become a photographer!

No comments: