Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers day

Today was a beautiful day. Our busy weekend extended into today. At church Johann was released as a counselor in the Young Mens Presidency and called to be the Ward Clerk. He was set part which both his parents and my parents were able to be there to witness.
Since this weekend had so many things to celebrate we had 1 big party for all of it. We celebrated Simeon turning 8, Simeon getting baptized, Corrine's dance recital and Mothers Day.

Simeon wrote me a poem and planted me a flower. On Friday when he got home from school he told me that he made me something that he had to give me right then. So I actually got his flower a few days early. The poem says:

Mom
Reading, cuddling, baking
On the bed
in the kitchen
loving, nice.



Corrine made me a flower with her picture in the center and on each petal it says something different:
"My mom tacx (takes) me to the sdor (store)"
"My mom haps (helps) me"
"You are nis (nice)"
"I Love my mom"
"I Love you mom"
"My mom Love me"

The kids loved giving me their presents and giving me big hugs. At church they also made me each a card with their picture in it. In the picture they are holding a heart that says "I Love you".

For our celebration dinner we had some really good steaks and all the fixings. Again we had too much food in which all of it was so yummy.

Simeon wanted to have ice cream sundaes for dessert since we were also celebrating his birthday. He made himself a very yummy sundae and liked being able to put the candle in it.

This year Johann and the kids got me what I'd been wanting for along time-a food dehydrator. Now we can make fruit leather and dried fruit. I am so excited to try it out!
I have been so blessed with a wonderful family. I love being a mom to Simeon, Corrine and Ammon and our little girl who will join our family this July, and a very loving husband. I feel so lucky to get to stay home with them each and everyday, and to be able to watch them grow and learn. They teach me so much about patience and life that I wouldn't have learned without them.

No comments: