Friday, December 10, 2010

Ward Christmas Party

Tonight at the ward Christmas party Ammon's class was asked to do a live nativity. Those sweet kids were so precious portraying Mary, Joseph, the angel, the shepards and the 3 wise men. The Shepard's got a little silly and choose to lay more then sit, but it was still so precious. Ammon was one of those slightly silly shepards. He was so excited all week, and kept counting down the days until the "performance". When he first told us they were going to do this he said "Mom Darren's Joseph this time and I'm a shepard!" He was so excited for his friend which was so sweet.




The young women were asked to make some gingerbread houses, but they weren't able to get them done, so we got one of the houses to make. The kids all picked a different part to decorate and they went to town. Rebecca didn't understand why we out candy on a house and then weren't eating it. She didn't want to just look at it, she wanted to EAT IT!!




I was asked to be the photographer for Santa at the party. I had so much fun taking pictures of all the kids. There were half dozen kids who were scared and screamed when they were placed on Santa's lap. I'd tell the parents, "set them down and take one step over, and I'll get a picture of them." We did that a few times, and each time I was able to get the classic screaming kid with Santa picture. But for every scared kid, there were so many more so happy to talk with Santa. One little boy was so excited that he sat on Santa's lap 3 or 4 times. I remember one little boy (whose family is having a hard time right now) tell Santa "I want a yo-yo." I'm not totally sure why, but that touched me so much. And then there was the most precious little guy only about 4 months old, stare up at Santa's face. Oh I loved being able to take those pictures.




Rebecca decided that Santa was NOT someone she's friends with this year. Even a bag of candy couldn't make her want to be near him even if dad held her.




Simeon was a good sport and stood with Santa so mom could get a picture. Really I think he was after the candy like the other boys his age. He told Santa that he wanted a Droid X phone like dad.




Ammon was very into telling Santa his wish list. The magic of Santa is still very alive in Ammon this year. I think a phone was also on his list this year. I love how Santa has his head turned to listen as Ammon concentrates on telling Santa what he wants.




Corrine also happily sat and told Santa a wish for this year. She looks so big sitting on his lap-she has grown so much this year.

1 comment:

The Jenson's said...

SOOOO Jealous of the screaming baby picture with Santa. I wanted Zach to do that. Instead he sat there with his head down not looking at Santa.
I kinda of Madison crys next year. I want one of the pictures!