Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day


This morning I was awoken by my door being opened. In walked Simeon with a plate of eggs and a glass of orange juice. He handed it to me, gave me a kiss and said "Happy Mother's Day. Don't those eggs smell good!" and walked out.
Later I learned that the eggs smelled so good to him, that he went and made himself some!
Today really was a typical day of church, kids being kids and making dinner. We had Johann's parents and brother over. We also celebrated Simeon birthday, since that is tomorrow.





When Ammon came home from school on Friday I noticed that he made a detour in front of the bushes in the front yard. He came in and told me that I needed to not go over there for a few days because he had something hid there for me. Saturday night I was gone and he told Johann that he needed to go check on his present for me. He came back in crying because his present was ruined. A squirrel had dug out the flowers from the flower pot. They replanted them and gave them some water. This time though Ammon wanted to make sure it was safe, so he put it under his bed for safekeeping. Johann said one of the flowers was pretty sad looking and he wasn't sure if it would survive, but it perked up.



Corrine did the same thing, but she tried to hide her surprise in her room, but realizing that it wouldn't get sun she took it out back. She missed the activity day girls that they made a mother's day craft. One of her leaders lives down the street, so she had Corrine come over after school one day this past week to make her gift.


Our sweet little Rebecca having fun with mom.




I'm so greatful for all my kids. Lately the hugs and kisses have been more plentiful, which I love so much. I'm so grateful that I've been blessed to be their mother to help raise them and learn from them.

No comments: