Saturday, August 4, 2012

Coronado

We decided on our last day in San Diego to go hit the beach again. This time we headed to Coronado near the Hotel Del to soak up the sun.



The kids soon discovered that the ocean was full of jelly fish body parts. There were pieces of jelly fish on the beach too. Because of the jelly fish the kids didn't want to play in the water very much. Who could blame them, getting touched by the stingers could hurt.


The kids did lots of digging in the sand instead. They loved that they could make huge holes for them to fit in so easily.

I decided that I couldn't be at the beach twice in one week and not boogie board. I couldn't convince any kids or Johann  to come out with me because of the jelly fish, so I went solo. I didn't last long though. The jelly fish parts,sea weed and sea grass was freaking me out and I came in after only 3 waves.

Johann and I went on a walk and were lucky to find a couple of whole sand dollars. One we saw just laying on the beach and the other we saw tumbling in the tide and snatched it before the tide could wash it back out.



Johann spent alot of time standing in the water looking out at the waves wearing the straw hat Jake gave him. He told us he couldn't come in because his feet were stuck in the sand!

I love being at the beach. The warmth of the sun and sand and the sound of the waves makes me want to move back to the coast.

No comments: