Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Size 7 black boots

These sweet little size 7 black boots have been around for a long time. 10 years to be exact. They have been worn by Simeon, Corrine, Ammon & now Rebecca.

And Rebecca at 3 years old is about to outgrow them. 




This has made me quite sad. Very sad. 

I LOVE these boots! 


They have been LOVED and LOVED and LOVED some more by all 4 of our kids. They were used as firefighter boots, puddle stomping boots, bad to the bone motorcycle boots (complete with leather jacket), grabbed as the quickest shoes to put on, and of course became a holder of the many things the child wearing them wanted to stash or carry around.

I know I'm going to cry the day I hear Rebecca is her sweet 3 year old voice say:

"Mom, these boots hurt my toes." 

Because then and only then will I fully understand that our days of having little ones in our house is over. My little ones won't be so little anymore, they will all be "big kids". Right now we have 3 "big kids" and Rebecca. It will stay that way for a while longer, but not long enough.

The days of little feet and little hands in our house is growing farther away already. The 2 biggest kids and I could share shoes if needed to. Corrine has already put dibs on my purple Keens sandals for next summer. I secretly am alright with that because then I can get another pair. From the kids section I might add, because I have small feet!






 Rebecca LOVES these black boots as much as her siblings did. They have seen many adventures, have been filled with puddle water, had socks stuffed inside of them, have been lost under a pile of clothes, been found and been loved some more. They have helped her chase her brothers in the yard, protected her toes, climbed into the club house, played in the dirt with Corrine, been filled with dirt, slid down the slide and have sailed through the sky on the swings.

Oh man I'm going to miss the days of these boots being so loved and all the memories made in them. They will live on someday somewhere on another sweet kiddos feet.

They are the perfect childhood boot to be forgotten.



 Rebecca put them on in a hurry to get outside and play, since mom is insisting that she wears something on her feet so she will stop getting her sweet little toes hurt and she put them on the wrong feet. I hadn't even noticed until I looked at the 1st picture and obviously she didn't notice them on the wrong feet either!

1 comment:

Anne Birdsong said...

Hi Karismith, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from the Mommy Brain Mixer.

Oh, I love this post! All of my kids have loved boots when they were little, but my youngest especially did. He wore them everywhere, and I really miss that time. Thanks for taking me back...


Anyway, it’s nice to “meet” you! Hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…