Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Captive subjects as mom plays!

Today was month 30 of treatment for Simeon, which included a spinal tap and fasting which leads to no energy for Simeon. I decided to bring along my camera and instruction book to learn how to use more of the features the camera has to offer. So here are some of my shots as I took advantage of Simeon not feeling like doing anything but laying around, and Ammon being held captive in a small room for hours!

When Johann was looking for a camera to get me, the sale guy showed him color accent. Johann knew I'd love the feature-and he was right. I love accenting one color. I tried really hard to get Simeon's blue eyes to stand out, but they just didn't have enough brightness today, but Shadow's did.


Accenting his green shirt-I love the look on his face. He was getting annoyed at me for taking his picture so much-but was trying to be cute about his dirty looks!


Another color accent. I accented green-but yellow is a hue of green, so any yellow also got colored. Ammon's pants were khaki and must have had some yellow in them. He's not smiling in the picture, but was loving being hung upside down by Manish.


Then I switched to sepia. I think it adds a timeless feel to the pictures when they are taken in Sepia.

Ammon reading a book with Manish. Manish is a Dance Marathon rep. We have known him since towards the beginning of Simeon's treatment. He loves to come play with the kids, and the kids LOVE playing with him. On purpose I didn't tell Corrine that Manish would be at the clinic-or she would have insisted that she come with us to see "her Manish" instead of going to school.


Shadow has been Simeon's constant companion since May 9th, 2007. He's getting wornout and his nose is furless, but it doesn't matter. He means everything to Simeon.


I wanted to prove that Simeon did smile when we 1st got here. He always asks for a gameboy-since he doesn't have one at home. This is one of the things that the kids look forward to at the clinic.



This picture I used the "vivid" feature. It does just what is says-makes the colors more vivid-brighter.


This is a straight black and white shot. Simeon had ripped the paper on the bed and had it over his head trying to hide under it. He really wasn't feeling good when I took this picture and just wanted to be left alone.


The ET Light-aka oxygen sensor. This picture was taken just as is. I just liked seeing Ammon touching Simeon's red light.


I want to learn how to take really good pictures. I especially like to take closeups and with this new baby on the way I'll have a captive audience to practice more on!!

3 comments:

andria said...

I love the new pictures! Your camera seems really nice. What type is it? We are looking into purchasing a new camera before the baby comes, so I am very interested!

The Jenson's said...

Nice features on the camera. The pictures look great!

Janessa said...

What a fun camera! The things we put our kids through for the sake of a good picture. What good sports!