Sunday, March 8, 2009

The CHALLENGE Update

Back in October I said we were going to read the Book of Mormon in one year and promised updates. It's now March and this is my 1st update on our progress.
We have been sticking to our plan to get up at 7:00 am weekday mornings, having prayer and reading 1-3 chapters, depending on length and time.


This is our coloring chart so we can see our progress.

We are currently in Alma Chapter 46. Some mornings it goes great, the kids are attentive. Other mornings are a wrestling match between the kids with them being separated so we can get through it. Simeon reads every 5th verse some mornings. It has been very helpful with getting ready in the morning. The kids are completely awake by 7:25 when we're done and they are ready to get ready for school.

We also set a goal to have Family Home Evening on Sunday afternoons. We are doing it about 75% of the time. The kids really like deciding who is doing what, songs, prayers, lesson, activity and of course TREAT! Once our home teacher said the treat is the most important part (meaning the time we spend together as a family doing something fun), so the kids always remind us that we have to have a sweet treat-"because it's the MOST important part of Family Home Evening!"


Our Family Home Evening Board-we use this or a white board.

3 comments:

The Jenson's said...

UH OH I NEED TO KEEP UP WITH YOU GUYS. WHEN I TOOK OFF A MONTH FOR ZACH'S BIRTH I CHALLENGED MYSELF TO READ THE WHOLE BOOK OF MORMON. WELL I GOT TO ALMA 19 AND GOT BUSY WITH OTHER STUFF (BABY, HOUSE CHOIRS, ETC). KARI YOU MAKE ME PROUD TO HAVE YOU AS A SISTER BY YOUR EXAMPLE TO YOUR CHILDREN RAISING THEM SO STRONG IN THE CHURCH.

Hubers said...

I wish I had that chart! Can I get one from you?

Janessa said...

I've got lots of catch up to do. You've been busy. Way to go with your scripture reading. Looks like you're doing great. I love your FHE chart. I want to get a cute one like that. We should totally make one for an enrichment activity. Now who could I talk to about that???