Saturday, June 18, 2011

Girls Camp 2011

This year I was able to go to Girls Camp with the young women from our ward. We had 6 girls going. 2 were YCL's so they went up a day earlier with our camp leader Merry. Back in April we drove over to the camp (Beer Creek) after family camp to check it out. It was nice to know what the camp looked like before showing up.

Back row standing- Jessica Brown, Merry Powell, myself & Haley.
Middle row leaning over-Sister Gelder, Bishop Gelder, Mandy Brown & Kathleen Cannon
Front row sitting- Hanid Valdez, Lucy Goodman, Emma Elzinga & Kara Hartley

The theme of camp was B.O.O.T camp. Building Our Own Testimonies. Everyday they talked about a different branch of the military and how their motto or theme was relevant to us and how er could apply it to our lives.
Our wards name was the "Bling Warrior", taken from the stripling warriors. We were glittery and sparkly and very blingy.



There were the typical Girls Camp activities: making dinner at the campfire, swimming, hikes, certification, skits, testimony meeting, faith walk, Bishop's night and plenty of time to just hang out.
I started to not feel good within a few hours of getting there, and by bedtime the first night my throat was on fire and I knew I had a cold. It really knocked me down. I tried so hard to not let it effect what I could do. Friday morning I woke up and went to the leader meeting, where I was told to go back to bed. So back to bed I went. I rested then showered and then had to rest again.

On Saturday morning I left camp to go pick up Simeon. His camp was about 25 minutes north of the girls Camp. It worked out perfectly that I could go get him and bring him home with the girls. To get to camp you drive past this barn, that I just love. So today I stopped and took some pictures of it.

1 comment:

Janessa said...

How fun! What is your calling now? I recently got called as a yw counselor. With a new baby, I had to pass on girls camp this year. I can't wait to go next year though. I love that barn picutre. Iowa had a lot of very picturesque scenes that I really miss. Thanks for sharing:)