Thursday, January 5, 2012

Beautiful day in Iowa

Today was one of the most beautiful days you can get in January in Iowa. The temperature hit 61 degrees. The kids were outside without jackets on. It was gorgeous!!!! On the news we saw that we crushed the last high record temp by 6 degrees. Our normal temps for today should have been in the 20's. Oh we'll take 60's anyday in January!



Simeon and Joe played football in the back yard.



The girls were swinging and playing in the sandbox.




Ammon was jumping fences and escaping the camera!



The trees must be confused because they're budding in January. There were so many planes out flying today soaking up the blue sky and warm temps.

They made chalk houses on the driveway, rode their scooters, rip sticks and bikes.

The long shadow shows it's winter, but the light clothes shows spring temps.


Then we spotted the giant bird that's been hanging out in the neighborhood today and we were able to get some pictures of it. We're pretty sure it's a hawk.



This morning Simeon went early to school for science club. I was getting ready when I spotted a big bird in the tree behind our house. I called the kids to come see it. Ammon saw it, but Corrine looked after it flew away. We left for school and about a block up Corrine realized that she forgot her backpack so she ran back to the house. I went back with her because I had the garage door opener, which decided to stop working right then. AARGH!! I told her to run around back because the back garage door might be unlocked. AS she went around the house she saw the bird in the tree and she said it was staring right at her and she was scared to go back by herself. The back door was locked, so I said lets walk to school and I'd bring it up later. I got out my cell phone to call Johann to ask him if he could come unlock the house, but my cell phone was dead. I said I'd use the phone at the school. I told Corrine it could still be a good day even with all the things going against us right then (and it was a great day). I had a short meeting at the school and as I was walking out the lady I was talking to said there's your husband. When he unlocked the house he grabbed Corrine's backpack and brought it up.

Tomorrow is suppose to be beautiful day too. We are getting so spoiled and loving every moment of it!

No comments: