Thursday, January 26, 2012

It's feeling like a library around here!

We're keeping the libraries around here busy!

Simeon was introduced to The Hunger games last December by his school librarian. He would tell me everyday about what Katniss and Peeta were doing. I decided that I should read the books to find out what he was reading and telling me about.

I fell in LOVE with the 1st book and read it in less then a day. I checked out Catching Fire for Simeon and I took it from him and read it cover to cover in a few days before giving it back to him to read. Luckily for Christmas he got his own copy of Catching Fire.

He told me he wanted to finish the series before I did. Little chance that would happen!

Beginning of December he made himself a bow and arrow, and then a quiver to hold his arrows. A few weeks ago he made this "dummy" that he used for target practice. Nearly every day he is out with Joe and/or Nick practicing on the dummy. The poor thing has been beheaded, has a dislocated shoulder and had been run through too many times to count anymore!


I finished Mockingjay before he was halfway through Catching Fire. When I get into a book, it consumes me and I want to make it last longer because I love the book, but I can't put it down.
Simeon just finished Mockingjay less then 24 hours before it was due back at the city library, and he went right to the copy of The Hunger Games he got from the school library.

Funny story-I went to the library and got a copy of The Hunger Games (even though there were 40+ holds on the book because I was told where they keep a copy of the book with another record # and this is the 2nd time I was able to walk out with the book the same day!) When Simeon got home from school he told me not to worry about getting a copy of the book because he had gotten one at school that day. We
both had checked out a copy of The Hunger Games from different librariess on the same day because we both love the book!

We are counting down until the movie comes out so we can go see it together.


One day I was at the store and saw a series of books by Cassandra Clare. It looked interesting so I wrote the info down and checked at the library if they had it. They did!! I knew from past experience that it was best if I checked every book in the series RIGHT THEN. Less then a week later I had read through 4 books around 450 pages each and I went back for the next book which is a prequel and have 2 more books in the series on hold. One doesn't even come out until May 8th! And they are going to make the books into movies.

If it wasn't for the libraries around here we'd be broke from all the books we would've bought!

No comments: