Friday, November 9, 2012

Family Pictures

Between the weather being warm, the kids and dad having the day off, I knew we had to take advantage of today and get some family pictures taken. I just recently got a new remote for my camera, so I figured with a tripod, and the remote we could take our own pictures. So off we headed to Scott Park.

The big kids found this thin metal bridge type structure that goes over the creek that they instantly started climbing over it. I'll be honest we thought 'great one of them is going to fall in the water not even 2 minutes after getting here and there goes family pictures'. 




Thankfully no one fell in and we actually used the bridge structure for our 1st set of pictures. We found out with our 1st set of pictures that the remote doesn't work 16 feet away like it says it will. It works at most 5 feet away. 

MAJOR disappointment. 

Sigh. 

Relax.

I got over it and we made it work.

The city just finished making walking paths and putting nice bridges over the creek, which were perfect for our pictures.







Of course a little exploring under the bridge and over the rocks occurred, and so did tears. 2 sets of tears to be exact! Neither was from a parent. HUGE victory! But hey what is family pictures a without tears from at least one person.

I love Simeon's thoughtful blue eyes.

 Corrine is our natural posing child. You ask her to do something and it's done. 

I love Ammon's dark brown eyes and hair. He could have explored under the bridge all day.

Our little Rebecca is in a 'I will be happy about getting my picture taken when I WANT TO BE stage'.

Sigh. 
Relax. 
It will pass. 
Because "It came to Pass, NOT to stay"!
(I must remember this saying ALOT with her these days.)

One last picture to end with. I LOVE THIS PICTURE. This captures our sweet, energy filled Ammon perfectly. We were all getting ready to jump, and he was already high in the air! Ammon & Rebecca could run circles around Johann and I any day, all day and never wear out! 
Oh to be a kid again.

I considered our 1st do it yourself family pictures a success. Now to get them printed and on the walls before they grow taller then mom. Which by looking at these pictures is going to happen soon, very soon.

2 comments:

David Guthrie said...

Xander looks just like Simeon! Miss you guys!

Malerie said...

I think they look great! You should have called me though, I live like one minute from there and could have snapped them for you! :)