Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Year of Play!

For the last few months, Ammon and I have been doing a play study. We have been trying to decide what we would use the money we were paid for doing the study on. We thought of many different things, but I kept coming back to the idea of getting a Children's Museum Pass. It's something we have always wanted to get, but never wanted to spend the money on.
So today Ammon and I, after he got his picture taken, went to the Children's Museum and got our pass for a whole year of fun, playing and exploring.



Ammon was so excited to go in and play. We only had an hour or so to play today before school got out. Ammon would have kept playing all afternoon if we had the time.
The museum has lots of fun exhibits. The permament exhibits are: grocery store, pizza parlor, art room, media room, hospital/ambulance, notion of motion (balls), reading area, Imagine acres (a playroom for younger kids), a building room, lego room and puppet theather. Right now they also have a School House Rocks, and dinosaur exhibit that are temporary. They also have traveling exhibits, and special exhibits or themed days at the museum.



I know we will get alot of use out of the pass, especially during winter and tax season.

3 comments:

Janessa said...

What a cute blog! That was so fun to read through. Even though we see each other at least once a week it's fun to see all the in between Sunday events. You have such cute kids and are a wonderful family. We are glad to have such good friends! I'll email you an invite to my blog. The only rule is that you have to leave comments when you read it:) Have a great evening!

Janessa said...

Me again! I was just going to send you an invite and I don't seem to have an email address for you. I know I've emailed you before. Maybe it was on my old email addres or something? I don't know. Anyway, if you want to email me your address I'll get that invite to you. Thanks! janessacazier@msn.com

Hubers said...

Ammon is so adorable all dressed up! Don't you just love that sand table.
I'm going to put you on my side bar too!