Sunday, February 1, 2009

Growing

I was going to start a pregnancy blog-but just haven't had the time to do more then create the page, so for now I'll add them on here and if I get around to it, I'll move them over.
I am now 16 weeks along and loving being pregnant. I feel great (finally), my energy level is back to normal and I'm not too big to be uncomfortable. The past week or 2 it has become obvious that I haven't just being eating donuts and adding weight-but rather adding inches from a growing baby.


~Corrine kissing the baby~

I've been feeling the baby move for a few weeks, but they haven't been strong enough to feel by putting a hand on my stomach, until this week. Tonight I even felt hiccups-which because of the babies position (really low) felt pretty strange! The kids want to feel it kick, but haven't yet. I told them in a few weeks it will be strong enough for them to feel it.
Friday I went in for my 16 week check up. I was measuring right on, and the scale had slightly gone up some. (I struggle with gaining weight for the 1st 5 months-after that it's NO problem) The heart rate was 144 and really loud. Ammon came with me. I asked him what he was hearing, and he grinned from ear to ear and said "the babies heartbeat!"
This month bagels with cream cheese, cheetos and fruit punch gatorade are my favorites. I really don't have cravings-just LOTS of things that just don't appeal-mostly sweets. I'd rather eat fruits and veggies then sugar.
I set up the ultrasound for Feb 25th. The kids are more then excited to go get a "peak" at the baby. Ammon told me that my belly button is the spot where you can look in and see the baby. I told him I wish we could do that.
This weekend Corrine and I did a very good clean out of her room. We are going to need to rearrange things in her room for the crib. There isn't enough room for the changing table, so we're going to use the dresser for the changing table and she likes to put things up there, so were working really hard on keeping it cleaned off. She told Papa tonight she's always going to keep it this clean, and she told me that at the end of the month we can get the baby clothes out.
We are all very excited to find out what the baby is. As the day draws near we'll have a prediction as to what the kids think it will be. As of now they all want to have their "Lucy", so they can play Narnia and have all 4 of the kids!

4 comments:

The Jenson's said...

Ahhh pregnacy life! I don't miss it. Can't wait till feb. 25th

Janessa said...

What a sweet picture! I need to post some pregnancy pictures. You look so great! I'm glad you are feeling good again and enjoying your pregnancy. It's so fun to have excited siblings to help prepare for the new baby. I can't wait to see if you guys get your Lucy. That's so funny because my kids love to play Narnia too. Since we already have the two boys and two girls it's a perfect match.

SuzyQ01 said...

I can't believe how long its been since I've seen you - the kids are getting so BIG! Congratulations on your baby-on-the-way!

Shawn and Amy said...

That is so fun that the kids are so excited about their new sibling. Good luck on the 25th!! Can't wait to hear the results!