Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Ultrasound

Before we left for the ultrasound-the kids made their predictions for the baby. They have been feeling this way for a while.



Lastnight as I was putting Ammon to bed I was talking to him about the ultrasound. He told me earlier in the day that he would be sad if it was a boy. He has been wanting his "Lucy" since he found out we were expecting. They like to play Narnia and we have Peter, Susan and Edmund-but no Lucy. I told him that we didn't get to decide what the baby was, that Heavenly Father already made the decision of what to send our family. After I told him this, he said "He knew before there was ground." It took me a minute to realize that he was talking about the creation. He was telling me that Heavenly Father knew way back then what this baby would be.

At the ultrasound the tech took me back by myself to do all the measurements, then went and got Johann and the kids. Everything looks great and my due date is right on: July 13th. The heart rate was 144 bpm.

She showed the kids the different parts of the body, then went to look for gender. She said here's the bottom, here are the legs, this is the imbilical cord and I don't see anything else there, it's a GIRL.


Our DAUGHTERS profile, with HER arm up on HER forehead.

Ammon & Corrine were so excited to hear that they were going to have a sister. Simeon was slightly dissapointed, but then quickly said "This makes us even, and the next baby is the tie breaker." Next baby!?!?

We went shopping for the babies 1st outfit and blanket right after the appointment. I was amazed at how many people we saw while out today, and got to share our exciting news with.



Here's Corrine holding the very soft PINK blanket (I picked it out months ago, but needed to wait to get the right color) and the dress she picked out for this summer.

The tech sent us home with a cd with 2D pictures, 3D pictures, a 2D video and a 3D video. What a fun thing it has been to watch the baby again.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh Congratulations! How exciting, now you can really think of names! (Lucy is a good one by the way!)

Janessa said...

Yay! You got your Lucy! I've been so excited to hear what you're having. I just told Ricky, "Guess what the Smith's are having a girl!" He said, "Oh yeah. I saw Johann tonight at scouts and he told me alread." I feel so out of the loop:) I'm glad your kids are so excited - even Simeon. I'm glad your due date is right on too. I hear it really stinks if thay have to push it back.

Shawn and Amy said...

Hooray! Congratulations--we second the name Lucy:) What ever her name will be, she is a lucky little girl to have such a neat family to come to!

The Stimpson Family said...

Congrats!!! Girls are so much fun!