Wednesday, April 8, 2009

26 weeks and counting

I missed updating at 24 weeks-mainly because I didn't have an updated picture. I know-lame excuse!


Ammon took these pictures-he's getting to be pretty good at the camera!

The last 6 weeks I have gone from people wondering if I was gaining weight or pregnant to people knowing I'm pregnant. There's no way to hide this growing belly of mine! But honestly-I love it!!
My belly button hernia has definitely come back. I got it with Ammon around 7 months and this time around 5 months. For the most part it doesn't bother me if I don't cough or sneeze. This little girl of ours seems to think my bladder makes an excellent pillow or punching bag and Johann wonders how in the world we go through so much toilet paper. I tell him when you go 20+ times a day-you just go through it quickly!
At my 24 week apt the heart beat was 140 bpm. I have been feeling kicks really high up, and when Dr. Clevenger measured me, she said I was measuring about 2 weeks bigger.
Weeks 22-24 I had LOTS of contractions. Some would catch me off guard with their strength and I'd had to stop and breath through them. I would get 5-6 an hour, then they'd stop. I was told that was normal since the baby was having a major growth spurt (shown by my bigger measurement this month). If they get to be 6 of more times a hour and lasting for 2 hours I'm suppose to call in. The last week they have stopped coming on as often.
I was told to get a belly band for the hernia and a support belt for the nerve numbness from pressure. I got a BE Band and LOVE it. It actually is doing everything and is so comfortable to wear. I might go get another one because I'm sure I'll be wearing this one daily.
It's so incredible to sit and 'watch' my belly move or dance. Our little girl is still shy about letting the kids and Johann feel her move, but if you watch she'll show you how strong she is. She is funny in that when someone puts their hand on my stomach she moves away from it, and right after they take it off, she will sometimes give that spot a kick!
She is starting to have regular wake and active time. She is awake a 7:00 am when I wake up and after 9:00pm once I've put the kids to bed and I'm laying down. She has other wakeful times, but those are the ones I feel the most. Ammon asks me if "I'm rocking her to sleep" when I'm walking.
The kids love to talk about their new sister. Ammon likes to lay by me and "take care of the baby". He'll kiss my belly and asks me "Do you think she'll feel that one?"
We got our new stroller and carseat travel system this past week, and I LOVE the stroller! It's a jogging stroller style and it moves so easily, even with one hand. I'd been researching them for a year or more (honestly) and had been watching 2 different ones online for a few months. We finally got to Target to 'test drive' the one they had there and it was just what we wanted. The one @ walmart.com went on sale, so I bought it that day and had it delivered to our house by Fed Ex for $1.99. I got an AWESOME deal! The carseat has the neatest feature-an easy lock system where you don't have to re-adjust the straps when the baby grows longer. It is so easy to make bigger and it has a really sturdy base with the LATCH system. They make them so much nicer now then 8 years ago when we bought our 1st infant carseat.

5 comments:

Janessa said...

You look so cute! Ammon is a good little photographer. I'm glad your pregnancy is going well and that the contractions have slowed down. That's kind of scary. I want to see your car seat and stroller. They sould really nice. It is amazing how fast they improve upon things like that. I'm going to check out those belly bands next time I'm at Target. Glad you're liking yours so well.

www.gallamorewest.com said...

Ammon is good! Ok, what is a belly button hernia? I swear I must've had that with Jake because it HURT and honestly it still does when I touch it?! And what kind of stroller did you get... I need a new one bad! You look great!

Hubers said...

You look beautiful. Awesome about the belt. I'm glad you found something to help.
P.S. Thanks for letting me borrow your books!

The Jenson's said...

Zach did the same thing about not letting anyone feel him. You look great.

Shawn and Amy said...

You look great! Congrats on the new stroller--it is tricky to find the perfect one.