Monday, April 6, 2009

My FAVORITE Snacks

Nearly everyday Ammon has an apple* or 2. He regularly requests a carrot too. He can partially peel the carrot on his own, but wants me to finish it up for him.


I'm scared for the day that we run out of both of them and he's hungry!!

Lately he has been into a very healthy kick. Very similar to what Simeon went through at that age and is still in now. Ammon wants milk or water to drink, and hardly ever wants juice, but he will still gladly guzzle soda if offered. He asks me alot if things are healthy for his body. He likes to exercise and tells me "it's good for my body." He loves to suck the juice out of oranges, and the other day I got him to try canned peaches again and he liked them. He told me he was taking little bites to suck the juice out. He absolutley LOVES spinach-the greener the better.

*Disclaimer-I will honestly say that I don't buy the "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" line anymore. Simeon ate hundreds of apples before getting sick, but maybe they just kept him healthier while on chemo? Ammon still deals with reflux so maybe they are just keeping it from getting really bad?

Either way-if we had an apple tree in our backyard we'd hardly ever have any rot!

4 comments:

www.gallamorewest.com said...

WOW... can they come be examples to my kids (and to me)?!

Janessa said...

I'm so impressed with his healthy eating habits. So do you ever bribe him with a carrot when you're trying to get him to do something? Is Corinne a healthy eater too? Lucky for you!

The Jenson's said...

So Lucky! I hpe Zach's like that

Shawn and Amy said...

That is awesome! Way to be healthy, Ammon!