Saturday, March 6, 2010

I LOVE IT!!!

A few years back my parents gave us what we thought was a very strange Christmas gift. They gave us a Boot and glove dryer. I admit it sat in the closet for years never even coming out of the box.
Then a winter or 2 ago we pulled it out and gave it a shot. The 1st time we used it, it stunk so badly that I called the company concerned. They said it was because it was new and it would go away. They were right.
We weren't sure if it would work-but we had some wet boots and we decided to give it a try. It was love at 1st use. The boots dried from the inside out. We used it for gloves and the fingers all got dried. I was in LOVE!!


This is what it looks like without anything on it. You can even get another extention if you have really high boots to dry. For us this size works fine.


Right now there are puddles of melting snow everywhere. Ammon jumped in some yesterday and got his shoes soaking wet so I stuck his shoes on the drier to dry lastnight. Then today he got into more puddles at his cousins, so they went back on as soon as he got home. The don't dry stiff or crispy feeling.

I use this dryer weekly, if not daily at times. It sometimes take overnight to get a pair of shoes or gloves dry if they are really wet. It has saved many pairs of gloves and boots/shoes from getting trashed from getting stinky. There are times I wish I had 2 or 3 of them as we'll have a pair of gloves drying and another pair sitting in the bottom of it waiting to go on.

I'm not totally sure how it works as it doesn't get hot and it doesn't blow air out. I just know it WORKS!!

6 comments:

MJSmith said...

I think I will google this and see how much it costs!

MJSmith said...

I found the one I think:
Pacific Outdoors Boot and Glove Dryer-on amazon.com they have them for about $30-not too bad. It is interesting that you mentioned the smell-on the reviews someone gave it a 1 star due to the smell (they only ran it for only 2 hours and then sent it back!).

Smith's in Iowa said...

Run it for a few hours near an open window and it will go away. That's the brand that we have. It's awesome-I totally recommend it!!

The Jenson's said...

How interesting. Living in Sunny Cali i would have never thought of this or that it was out there. I would have just been like throw it in the dryer.

Janessa said...

I'm glad you finally pulled it out of the closet. What a wonderful thing to have in Iowa in the winter. I'll bet the cozy warm boots and gloves are much more inviting then wet/crusty ones.

SuzyQ01 said...

These are wonderful to have - they even have some that can hold more than one pair of boots at a time