Friday, September 10, 2010

Hives

Tonight we were watching tv and a saw a pink spot on Ammon's cheek. I asked him about it, but he was into the show and didn't answer. I didn't think it was a big deal so I left it alone. When we came upstairs I looked closer at it, and realized that it had a couple of raised bumps in it. Hives!
I had him take off his shirt and we saw red hives on his chest, his back was covered with hives and so were his legs.



I gave him some benadryl and reassured him that it would be ok.

After tucking him in, he started saying his prayer on his own and he said "Please help me to be alright" with a crackly voice. I felt so bad knowing that he was worried. I reassured him again and told him he could come in to my room during the night.

I checked on him half hour after taking the medicine and his face, chest and back are looking better, but his legs look worse.

About 20 minutes before I noticed the area on his cheek he ate some Edy's Butterfinger ice cream. He'd never had it before, but the ingredients are things he'd had before.

I've already documenting his migraines so I added this to that list.

1 comment:

The Jenson's said...

Uh-Oh I hope they go away real quick. The weren't itchy?
Good Job Ammon on asking Heavnly father for help.