Friday, September 17, 2010

One of the reasons Kindergarten is so GREAT

***SNACK DAY***

Today was Ammon's day to bring snack in to class. I asked him a few weeks back what he wanted to bring. He told me "not Scooby snacks, someone brought those today". There is no rule that you can't repeat snacks, but to Ammon not repeating the snack was a big deal.
Last week I finally got him to start saying yes or no to things. We knew it would be a mix with Cinnamon Apple Cheerios because he LOVES those.
This week I got him to add to the mix-Cinnamon goldfish (another favorite snack) and pretzels. I asked if he wanted to add Craisins, to which he replied "I don't want anything soft in it."


So finally it was Thursday after school and he brought home the bucket to bring snack back in. We washed our hands got all the ingredients out, mixed them and it needed something else. He decided that it did need something 'soft' like craisins after all.
He has 24 kids in his class, which was more snack bags then the bucket could hold, so they were over flowing.

I love how the simple things to adults are HUGE to kids, like bringing snack to kindergarten.

1 comment:

Janessa said...

How cute! I love the picture at the end the way his hands are presenting the snack bucket over flowing with snacks. You're such a great mom!