Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Learning my colors

Rebecca is such a little sponge right now. She learns a handful of new words each day. Since she knows so many words, I decided it was time to start working on learning colors. She has so many bright colored toys in the bathtub so that's where we've been learning our colors.



We dumped extra toys in the bath to make sorting by color more fun. She needs help sometimes so I'll say "Put the little red rocket with the big red rocket" and she knows exactly what group to put it with.



She loves to name the toys as she's putting them up. Her favorites are the Little Eistein characters, firefighter Fred and the animals, with the whales making the top of the list.



It so much fun to watch how quickly Rebecca is picking up things and how much she loves to learn new things.

1 comment:

Janessa said...

I know I've told you before, but I'm so impressed with her verbal skills. I can't belive she's already working on her colors. I haven't thought to try colors with Connor yet. He seems so young still. I should try it I guess, maybe he'll surprise me. Rebecca sure is a cute little smartie pants. You're such a good mom to teach her so well