Saturday, February 12, 2011

Snow much fun

The temps are rising and that means the snow is melting. Melting snow means GREAT packing snow, which of course leads to snow ball battles.

The boys started off having a snow boarding competition across the street. Simeon and the 2 neighbor boys started it yesterday afternoon and Ammon joined in on the fun today. They would judge eachother and give points after each run. Ammon was so sweet to Simeon. Simeon took and run and Ammon said "I give you 100 points", then he gave the next boy a 1. I think I know who he really loves!! They scored extra points for doing a jump and landing it.











I think Ammon looks such the part of a snow boarder with no jacket on and with this hat. I can't believe how grown up he looking all of the sudden. He's getting taller and thinning out alot.




Once Aidan (the owner of the snowboard) went it, the playing turned to snowball throwing. The boys spent 45 minute out throwing snowballs at eachother. I gave them 5 minutes before someone came in crying-but amazingly it lasted for a long time. It did end at an injury though. Simeon got Joe in the back with a snowball and they both went tumbling down the hill in Joe's front yard onto the driveway. They both took a few minutes to get up and Joe was pretty wobbly after it. So thus ended the snowball battle.




The boys came home absolutely soaking, but smiling and talking all about the snowball battle.


*Sorry for the crazy layout of the pictures & text. My setting changed on me during downloading. They'll look right in the book.

1 comment:

Janessa said...

My kids do miss the fun snow play. It looks like they're all having a great time. Ammon does look like quite the natural snowboarder. I love the picture of Corrine running with her arms full of snowballs.