Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Ammon


It's hard to believe that today our little man Ammon turns 4. What a wild 4 years it's been since he entered our family. We are grateful everyday that he has turned into such a healthy, happy and active boy.
Last night as I was putting him to bed I ticked him 3 times and said tonight is your last night as a 3 year forever, and tomorrow I can tickle you 4 times since you'll be 4. He wanted me to tickle him 16 times, then he wanted to give me 16 kisses on my face. Ammon is such a loving boy, and we are eternally grateful that he was sent to our family.


For your birthday breakfastyou wanted to have Toaster Strudles. You got to open up 2 presents a firetruck and a firetruck puzzle before church, but the biggest one (a bigger sized basketball hoop) you had to wait until dad got home from church. You were so excited to see what your surprise was. We sat on the porch covering your eyes while dad went and got it from Grandma Riddles garage and set it up. You were so excited to see a new basketball hoop.




Later in the evening we had the family over for a birthday party. You wanted chocolate cupcakes with NO frosting. When we sang you Happy Birthday Simeon accidentally blew the candles out, so we had to relight them and re-sing the birthday song for you. Then you had to try a few times to get the candels to blow out. You got lots of Star Wars toys and some money to go get more Star Wars toys with.

We love you Ammon Eli Smith

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Ammon!!! We hope you had a great day! I'm a bad aunt :( I thought it was the 9th?! I think I was confused with Simeon's on May 9th or something... either way, I'd be late this year on a little card and gift. Ammon is the sweetest little guy!! But no on the 16 tickles... he'll be 16 years old soon enough, huh?! His gift is coming this week!!

Jason and Janelle said...

Happy Birthday sweet little Ammon!!! Hope you had a great day!

The Jenson's said...

Happy late birthday Ammon! (I'm so bad) I hope he had a great birthday!

Tara said...

Hi Kari! I found your blog through Amy Jones's blog. You may not remember me but my husband and I lived in Iowa City about 5 1/2 yrs ago. We were Simeon's nursery teachers and we still love and think of him. He was such a sweetheart! Looks like he hasn't lost his sweetness, either! Our hearts go out to him and your family! We will keep him in our prayers. If you send me your email I can invite you to our blog: jerandtara@yahoo.com Love, Tara & Jeremey Hatt