Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Only 5 more weeks to go!!


Again Ammon is the photographer

Again I've gone longer then planned before updating on this little one who is growing stronger and longer by the day.
Today I went in for my doctors appointment. I love where I go. There are 4 women doctors. In the 3rd trimester you get to see every one of them so you are familiar with them, but every other appointment I see my regular doctor. So far my doctor has only been there for Corrine's birth. We are hoping to have her be there for Rebecca's birth too, by "picking" her birthday. So if all goes as planned (I have strange feelings on planning things-after so many plans have been changed in the last 2.5 years with Simeon's health) we will be having our newest daughter on Weds July 8th, 2009. Sounds like a good day to be born.
My measurements have been right on the last few appointments, and my weight gain has been good too. My blood pressure is good-which because I've been having a daily headache just on the right side they double checked. She thinks it's a pregnancy hormone induced headache and the help for it-take Tylenol with a caffeinated soda.
In the evening she is so incredibly active. I sit and watch my stomach to see her moving. It's like a rollercoaster with all the ups and downs she does. She is and has been head down for some time. She likes to push her feet on my belly button. It's so neat to get a feel of her feet.
She gets the hiccups ALOT. They always come a certain way. She gets VERY active and moves like crazy, then a few minutes later the rhythmic jumps begins and last for 5 minutes or so as she has the hiccups. I can't tell if she is uncomfortable about getting them so she moves around as they come on, or if it's her moving that makes them come on. Either way she can gets the hiccups 2-4 times a day. She has gone a day or two without getting them and it was quite strange.
The kids rub my stomach and say "Hi, baby Rebecca" many times a day. They ask me if she's awake and what she's doing. Alot of times after they talk to her, she wakes up and moves around. It's so very neat that she already knows their voices and responds to them.
I've been tired the past few weeks, and have had to slow down. I was getting too many contractions on the days I was too active, or when I was gardening too much (transplanting hostas and taking bushes out). I find myself sitting on the front porch enjoying the weather and watching the kids play. They like me out there and they also know I need to rest, so I usually have frequent visits from the kids.

We are very ready for our little girl to join our family. And her name Rebecca ???? Smith. We have a few middle names that we are seriously thinking about, but none have made the cut yet.

2 comments:

The Jenson's said...

I remember those days like it was yesterday! Ok so it's been 5 months now. Can't wait for Rebecca to come!

Janessa said...

What a great record of your pregnancy. I'm sure Rebecca will enjoy reading through it someday. That's funny that she gets the hiccups so much. Our little guy doesn't get them very much. I think it's kind of fun when he does though. Glad you're able to take it easy when you need too. Don't over do it. Good luck coming up with a middle name!