Saturday, June 20, 2009

THIS CAMP ROCKS

Interview of Simeon's camp week.


"This Camp Rocks" was the theme for this years Heart Connection oncology camp.



Who was in your cabin this year: Nick (2nd yr in a row), Hunter, Chance, Paden, Dallis, Ethen and Carson. Paden went home sick the 1st night and Hunter left on Thursday.

My counselors were Joe, Brian Martin, Carrie and Steph.

My cabin was Rock Star (actually it was North Star but since it was a music theme we changed our cabin name to Rock Star.)


At camp this week Simeon did

Archery-it was hard to shoot the arrows.

Riflery-I got to shoot at targets and I got a bulls eye!

Horseback riding-I rode Dakota.

Rockwall climbing-I made it off the ladder!

Swimming-I got red which means I needed to wear a life jacket. We went swimming everyday after cabin time. Sometimes this was after toilet papering another cabin. We went sunbathing everyday. We laid in the sun, then ran through camp with our shirts off. And yes mom we had shoes on-you ALWAYS have to have shoes on at camp!

Arts & Crafts-I made an airplane with sticks and foam pieces. I made a hat that took 2 days to make. Everyone said that it was the coolest hat they had ever seen and if they were someone who could judge it, it would have won 1st or 2nd place.


Hiking-it was fun. We went up to an old Chapel. We had to walk up 127 steps to get there.

Wish night-my wish was to come back next year and that my cancer would be gone. At wish night they have a camp fire and you write your wish down and put it in the fire. Afterwards they had fireworks.

Birdwatching-we went but there weren't any birds.

Friends-Nick is nice and caring.

Award-Greatest craft and hat maker.

Favorite meal-spaghetti & lasagna

Weather-it was rainy (it rained every night)

4 comments:

Shawn and Amy said...

Sounds like such a fun week!

Janessa said...

What a great experience! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. That is an awesome hat! I would give you first place if I was judging it. I'm glad you got to go swimming a lot even though it rained every night.

www.gallamorewest.com said...

Fun, fun!! I'm so glad you had a great time at camp! I LOVE your hat... definitely would've won first prize if they were judging!! :) I love you!

The Jenson's said...

Sounds like so much fun! I glad he had such a great time!