Friday, October 16, 2009

Bedtime Prayers

The last few weeks Ammon has been teaching me patience and humility.
He has hit a stage where if he doesn't want to do it, he thinks it's his, or your in his way-a temper tantrum or a hit is mostly likely coming. He thinks getting dressed and/or going to bed is the worst thing ever. It's been a stage I look forward to moving past.

On the other hand he has hit a stage where he WANTS to say the prayer and his prayers are so sincere and honest. The other night he was praying and said "and thank you for my bed. It's so soft and comfy. It's too comfy because I don't want to get up in the morning." He's been asking for Corrine to get better (she was sick for 3 days with a fever and cough). One night he said "thank you for all the delicious food." He struggled with the word delicious and tried a number of times to say it right. He prays for his stuffed animals and is thankful for them. His prayers are so sweet and said so lovingly.
It's at night when I'm putting him to bed and these sweet words come out of his mouth-the stress of the day melts away and the spirit fills my heart.

I'm so greatful to be a mom to our 4 wonderful kids-it's the hardest, most tiring job, but it's also the most fulfilling and rewarding job!!

1 comment:

The Jenson's said...

How Cute and How sweet!