Saturday, October 31, 2009

Corrine's new hair style


BEFORE

Corrine has been asking for bangs and shoulder length hair for some time. I figured she was old enough to decide on weather or not to go back to bangs and she decided it was time. (Mom on the other hand wasn't so ready. It's been 18 years since bangs for me!) I was ready though for the straggly uneven mom cut hair cut of a year or so ago to go.

I had a coupon and was ready for a $9 haircut.

We got there and I saw that the back of her hair was knotted really bad. The lady cutting her hair looked at it and said we need to shampoo it to get these tangles out. During the shampoo we found out how they got there.

A younger brother + wet sucker + twisting + not brushing it that morning + fine hair= MAJOR TANGLES.

The lady wasn't even sure she could get the tangles out. 20 minutes, lots of combing and conditioner and the tangle was out-no need to cut it out. Thank goodness!

After the haircut she got a sucker which she was told to NOT let it get near her hair. She agreed to that one and to tell me if her loving brother ever came at her with a wet sucker again!!

AFTER

Corrine is really excited about her new hair cut. She kept saying today it's my 1st day with my new hair cut. Tomorrow will be my 1st full day with my new hair cut! She wanted Monday to come so she could tell and show all her friends at sschool.

So in the end the total for the haircut was $16. $9 for the cut, $3 for the shampoo and $4 tip for the amazing lady who saved Corrine's hair.

1 comment:

Janessa said...

How cute! She looks so grown up. That sucker tangle sounds like a mess! I'm sure it was worth the $16 just to get that tangle out. Kambry is here with me and wants to tell Conrrine something:
"You look like you are getting so grown up. You have a nice haircut. My mom's excited to go visit you and stay at your house. I wish I could go see you too. I miss you! Love, Kambry"