Sunday, October 11, 2009

Locks of Love

I decided I'd had enough of my hair. It was getting in the way, it was hot, and when I put it in a pony tail I would get a headache. Add to it the fact that I'm losing the thickness I had while pregnant with Rebecca and it was time for it to go.


Johann knew I was going to cut at least 10" off, but didn't know how short I would go after that. I ended up getting 12" cut off, then having the top of my hair cut so it was 5" long. I had completely forgotten how curly my hair was until after this cut.

I really like it short, it's lighter and faster to take care of, but I do sometimes miss pulling it half back and ponytails. I think I'll let it grow long enough to pull it back on top, but keep it above my shoulders.

This is the 2nd time I've donated my hair to Lock of Love since Simeon got sick. I actually cut it back at the beginning of September, but just kept forgetting to post it. (Mostly because I'm always behind the camera and didn't have any short hair pictures to post.) I still have people who don't recognize me with such short hair.

3 comments:

Casey family said...

wow your hair was long! Do you go to grab your hair and forget its all gone? Glad you are more comforable.

Janessa said...

Wow, your hair was so long! It was beautiful! It looks great short too though! You'll have to post a non-hat picture sometime so I can see the full effect. I'm sure locks of love was excited to get all that beautiful hair!

The Jenson's said...

Looks Great Kari. Too bad you didn't have this for summer though....oh well you can wear scarves to keep your neck warm for winter. But perfect timing with Rebecca...she'll have a harder time pulling it. I always have my hair back in a pony tail, otherwise Zach would yank on it all the time.