Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Command Center

My GRAND dream of having a BIG white board mounted on the wall to keep things organized on has finally been realized and I'm in love!!



Over a year ago we wanted to hang a white board like this on the wall, but we never had the perfect spot, so we we never did it. Over the year the board became the kids drawing board, the FHE lesson board, the after school and chore board and eventually I tossed out the wall mounting parts because they were always in the way.

This fall we brought that grand dream out again. The only problem was we didn't have wall mounting pieces. Johann tried to find some at Menards, but couldn't, so he got a 2nd board.

A 2nd board!! Now we could have our mounted one to keep everything organized and 2nd one for the kids drawing board, FHE board, after school and chore board.

I never thought I would be so in love with a white board on the wall, but I am!

To make it even better we put the board on a big open wall in the dinning room, and under the board we put in 4 double hooks for the kids and Abracadabra-the Command Center is born. One thing not in the picture are the kids daily school activities lists-what day they have PE, library, science club, Spanish club, soccer ..., that are on a piece of paper under their hooks.



Under each day we put what we are having for breakfast (yes we have to have do this because we have some early mornings and a hot breakfast just won't fit), dinner and all activities in time order, colored coded per child. We also put spelling lists, flash cards, math check lists on the board.

If your wondering on colors-Simeon is orange, Corrine is pink, Ammon is green and Rebecca is purple. Black is family and really blue should be mom-I need my own color too! If all the kids are going to something I write it in all the colors or black with 1st letters after it.

I'm amazed at how helpful this board has been to keep everything organized and one more thing I LOVE about it-when something is done I erase it. It's so nice to see things done and over with.