Saturday, October 9, 2010

Horseback Riding

By Corrine

Today I went horsebackriding with my girl scout troop at camp Conestoga.


Cassie, Lauryn, Mykenzie, Olivia, Corrine, April, Greta, Allysa and Madilyn

My horses name was Rose. She was dark brown and very tall.




This was my 10th time riding a horse, but my 1st time steering it by myself.
We played a cup game on the horses. In the cup game we had to steer our horse and grab a cup off a post and put in back on another post.


Another game we played was with flags. We had to ride our horse close to the flags, grab a flag out of a bucket, ride your horse to another bucket and put your flag back in.



I was nervous when I first got on my horse. But then I was fine. I got to lead the pack around the arena.
I got new cowgirl boots to ride on my horse.
After we went to a shelter at the camp and ate our lunch. We played tag around a camp fire ring. (There wasn't any fire in the ring.) It was fun.
Next year we get to go wash horses and then we get to ride them too.



No comments: