Saturday, September 5, 2009

I'm fixed

Who ever thought that a household appliance would get it's own post. Some months back our oven started beeping at us and -F2- would show on the screen. As time went on, it got worse to the point that a 25 minutes bake time could easily turn into a 60 minute bake time, because it would turn itself off and then -F3- started coming on.

We called the appliance doctor to come take a look. While he was checking over the oven I heard what sounded like pieces of metal falling on the ground. I walked in the kitchen to find him standing in his socks surrounded by black squares of glass. Somehow in the 15 minutes he was working on the oven he had broken the glass on the door.

When he walked out the original problem was still there along with no glass and a door that wouldn't stay open on it's own, and I had a trashcan full of broken glass. He told me that the oven was no longer made, so he was going to research and try to find another piece of glass. He said that the glass was "just there to make it look nice, but didn't really keep heat in."



Yikes-now our oven was ugly and honestly unsafe. Having a little one in the house who would be crawling we NEEDED to get new glass put on. He said if he couldn't find glass that he'd cut a piece of plexiglass and put it on for us. (He said it was safe, because it wouldn't get hot and raelly it would be safer since the glass isn't safety glass.)

Next week
I sat at home waiting for the tech to show up. An hour after the 4 hour window had passed I called the company.
The guy on the phone said "I see you have 4 parts on order. Did you receive the parts?"
Me- "Yes we did. They are in my front room waiting for the tech to come."
Guy-"You were suppose to call us when they came in."
Me-"What!! No one ever told me that." I check my paperwork-it says nothing about calling in when the parts came in.
Guy-"I'm sorry but we cancelled your appointment because we didn't receive verification that your parts were in."
Me-"WHAT!! I just wasted my entire day waiting for the tech who never mentioned I had to call in and my apt was cancelled!!"

Ok at this point I wasn't so nice and happy anymore. I was completely annoyed and frustrated and the guy on the other end got the brunt of it.



They scheduled me for the next Weds from 10am-2pm. I told them I wanted someone at my house at 8:00am.

Next Weds
8-12 I sit and wait.
12:05pm I'm walking out the door to take Ammon to preschool (fully ready to give the guy on the other end of the line a piece of my mind when I get back for a no-show on my apt) when the phone rings. It's the tech and he'll be here in 10 minutes. I tell him I'll be back in 20 minutes.

Thankfully he waited.

It was a different guy and he was so much better then the 1st tech. He caused 0 problems and fixed the others all while being social. He told me that plexiglass couldn't be put on the door because it wasn't safe. And best of all-he cleaned up his mess, and left the area around my stove looking better then it did when he came.

And the best part-the oven has worked each and every time we used it!!

2 comments:

The Jenson's said...

Wow sounds like the first guy didn't know what he was doing! I'm so glad everything is fixed for you!

Jess said...

You're title sounds like you got spayed or something. :) I'm glad it was your oven getting worked on, not you!