Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Single Yellow Flower

Each day as I take Ammon to preschool I drive past a vacant house. The yard hasn't been taken care of so the grass is tall and has gone to seed, the bushes are wild and there is a pile of dried weeds in the front.
One day as I drove past I looked over and saw in the midst of the weeds and wildness a single yellow flower. I was beautiful!
It got me thinking about life. This flower reminded me that with all that is going on in the world, we can rise above it, we can stand out for righteouness when things around us are trying to drag us down or with the flower trying to take it's life giving nutrients away from it.
I stopped the next day to take a picture of this beautiful and thought provocing flower, but it was no longer there, but the lesson learned will last a lifetime.



1 comment:

Janessa said...

What a great lesson. Thanks for sharing!