Sunday, February 21, 2010

My new calling

I know some of you are waiting patiently to know what my new calling is. I'm the 2nd counselor in the Young Women's Presidency! I LOVE Young Womens-always have. Kathleen Cannon is the President, Megan Fuja is the 1st counselor, and Merry Powell is the camp leader. We don't have a secretary because we are such a small group.
We have a very small group of girls-just 4 active and 1 or 2 inactive girls, but we have 2 girls who come on Weds that are not members. The girls are have such different personalities, but they get along so nicely. We meet combined since we have 3 Beehives and only 1 Mia Maid.
In the past I have wondered if a calling was divine inspiration (or desperation and knowing I wouldn't say no) but I know this one had to be. I needed this calling as much as the girls hopefully need something from me.
Alot has changed since I was in Young Womens. Personal Progress changed this calendar year and is very different. I'm excited to be able to do it again using the new materials and goals. They also added some things to the motto including virtue as a value and strenthening home and family.
Since this calling requires Weds nights at church Johann has taken off every Weds night so he can be home with the kids. Thankfully he didn't have any appointments scheduled on those nights. I know that was another divine intervention! There will be some times that we both need to be at something at the same time, but we'll make it work.
Until the March Enrichment dinner I will still be helping with the Enrichment Activity commitee. I promised them I wouldn't leave them 2 1/2 weeks before an activity I helped plan.

Just so you know-Kathleen has a 6 week old daughter, Megan has a 1 year old daughter and a baby boy due mid July and Rebecca is 7 1/2 months old. These girls are going to have LOTS of chances to help out with little girls. I don't think they'll mind that!!

2 comments:

The Jenson's said...

I love YW too! You have such a small group girls. That means you can plan really fun activites!!
I'm the 1st counselor and also on the enrichment activity commitee. How funny is that!

SuzyQ01 said...

Congratulations on your calling! I remember my days in the YW presidency fondly - it really is inspiring to work with the girls. Have fun!