Sunday, March 6, 2011

Expressing Thanks

Yesterday Corrine and I sat down to write out her thank you cards. She was whinning about needing to write them because she really wanted to be playing with the boys downstairs. I told her it was important to tell people thank you for gifts she had been given for her birthday and baptism. After a few cards she was on a roll and ended up writting them all in one sitting.

This morning Corrine gave me a homemade envelope with this inside:



Without any prompting, she made us a thank you card for her birthday presents we gave her. It showed me that even when she was whinning about writting the cards, she understood the importance of them. This got me thinking about how I should write the kids more thank you cards for the sweet things they do to help our family.

1 comment:

www.gallamorewest.com said...

So I should probably get her gift OFF OF THE COUNTER and into the mail. UGH!!! :)