Thursday, March 17, 2011

That silly leprechaun

Around here St. Patricks day has become a big deal. Something about a little green man with a pot full of gold sneaking around the house gets the kids excited an creative. The kids each year make a trap in hopes that they will catch him and he'll drop his pot full of gold.


Each year the leprechaun is too fast and sneaky to get caught in the trap, but he always leaves behind some goodies for the kids.
This year I left a note for the leprechaun that we'd be gone most of the day so not to leave too many green treats for us. In years past we've found green drinks, green jello and green snacks. He always leaves us a box of Lucky Charms and gold coins.



He also left these treat bags for the kids. I saw it on a blog somewhere and thought it would be cute. The kids thought they were cute, and the chocolate was great, but rainbow twizzlers didn't go over in the taste department here. I'll have to let him know for next year.



Ammon also helped me make rainbow rice krispie treats that I saw from my sister Laurie's blog. They were super cute and super yummy!

2 comments:

www.gallamorewest.com said...

Fun!! We didn't make a trap, but Sam says next year we NEED to make one for sure! And how funny... I bought the rainbow twizzlers and rolos to SEND to you guys. But I ran out of time. So I've been eating all the rolos myself... ugh! Jake helps :) We don't like the rainbow twizzlers either!

Janessa said...

What fun ideas! I especially love the rainbow rice krispie treats. I was so lame and didn't do a single thing for St. Patricks day this year. I had a baby two days later, so I'm using that as my excuse. Next year will be better though:)