Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Roman soldier in shinning armor

Ammon told me that he was NOT a knight, but rather a Roman Soldier. So my title had to undergo a change from "My knight in shining armor" to "My Roman Soldier in Shinning armor" which really doesn't flow as smoothly-but it's what he really was!


I was taking some up close pictures of Ammon when the light caught the chain mail and it started shinning in the camera and then reflecting up onto his face. So he really was My Roman Soldier in "Shinning Armor"!

Today when Ammon put this Narnia costume on I knew I had to take pictures-LOTS of pictures. My little guy is sadly outgrowing this wonderful costume, and the next time he goes to put it on, it may not fit. That will be a sad day for me.

For years the 3 older kids have loved the Narnia books and movies. They would act out scenes from the stories all the time. Since we didn't have a Lucy, a doll would be the stand in. Now we have our sweet brown haired Lucy to fill the missing roll, but the kids have lost the Narnia vibe. That is until the 'Voyage of the Dawn Treader' comes out in a few weeks!!

Ammon was being his sweet happy self this afternoon and let me sit it the middle of his jousting tournament to document it. After a few passes his jousting stick suffered heavy damage from the deck so he moved on to the skill portion of the day, then the hand to hand combat with the grass.

JOUSTING

Disclaimer-The photographer was not injured while taking these pictures, even though she felt the jousting stick very near more then once!



Fixing his jousting stick after it met the deck and split.

Skill Training-

Somersault and pick your knife up off the grass. This must be done just right or the soldier must practice again and again.

Hand to Hand Combat-




Cleaning the dirt off his knife (Zhu Zhu pet armor plastic knife-if your worried that I'd let him have a real one.) because a soldier knife must always stay in good shape.
In this picture you can actually see the shinning of his armor on his cheek.

I love the days where his imagination takes him to far away places on journeys that his heart longs for. My little Ammon is growing up, too fast I might add. I hope his imagination always stays with him and that he can take himself to far away places forever.

1 comment:

Janessa said...

I totally remember them being into Narnia. I'm glad the fire has been rekindled. Those are some great pictures! What a cute and precious stage of life. You'll be so glad you took time to document it.